The Committee of the British Octopush Association strive to deliver the highest level of support for our members but the volunteers achieving this depend upon our members awareness of the services we provide.
- To be open and accessible to all groups and ages of Underwater Hockey players
- To administrate its membership in an efficient and consistent way
- To provide an easy mechanism to identify members, clubs and teams
- To generate revenue to enable the British Octopush Association to support and develop Underwater Hockey in the UK
The administration of membership is managed by a paid administrator. This ensures that it is managed in an effective and consistent way.
There are 5 types of membership, that provides a structure to help the organisation to be open and accessible to all groups and ages.
All prospective / would-be members (new applicants who do not have British Octopush Association membership) are responsible for completing their own on-line registration, this can be accessed from the home page of www.gbuwh.co.uk . Adult and Student member applications will need to agree to the BOA rules (electronic tick box) and send the remittance to the British Octopush Association address displayed at the end. However Junior applicants will need to print the confirmation page and complete the signatures (applicant & Parent / Guardian) as requested, before sending it with the remittance.
All membership types are valid for one year, however if you wish to continue your membership, you will need to renew during the Common Renewal period, (normally November), your club membership secretary will contact you prior to this to seek your agreement (and fee) for renewal.
Benefits of Membership
The benefits of being a valid member of the BOA include, but are not limited to:
- 10% discount of all items in the online BOA Shop (excludes social members)
- Access to local, national & international events and competitions, inc. juniors
- Coaching schemes & tutorial information
- Third party liability insurance
- Referees training courses
- Grants from the SDF (sport development fund)
- Membership support - documentation, help, support in everything you undertake
- Personal assistance from the BOA committee (volunteers)
- DBS Checking (email firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
- Web-pages for your club to build, edit and make as big as you choose
- Protection when dealing with unruly members
- Inclusion in any promotions undertaken by the association.
Types of Membership & Fees
The BOA currently has six catagories of membership:
Membership Fees as of 1st October 2016.
- Standard - £30, this is the most common type and is available to all persons.
- Student - £20, this is available to all students who are in full time eductation (written proof required).
- Junior - £15, this is only available to persons under 16 years of age.
- Social - £0, for non players wishing to support the BOA and their club.
- Family - £75, a discounted scheme for families.
- Re-joining member - (no additional fee), this affects members who's membership has lapsed within the last 12 months (from the CRD).
- Club - £0, there is no fee for registering a club with the BOA.
For all membership related enquiries please email email@example.com
Members who join mid way through the year pay the full amount on joining. Then during the Common renewal date (CRD) if the member wishes to continue their membership they will be given the option to pay a reduced amount depending on when they joined during the year. This will allow their membership to fall in-line with other BOA members. For the renewal amount to pay please refer to the table below.
BOA Common Renewal Date (CRD) Table[for renewing members only]
|Number of Months before CRD of the BOA
|Subscription rate the Member will pay to the BOA|
|Adult member||Student member||Junior member|
|Nov (12 months)||£30||£20||£15|
|Dec (11 months)||£27.50||£18.33||£13.75|
|Jan (10 months)||£25||£16.66||£12.50|
|Feb (9 months)||£22.50||£15||£11.25|
|Mar (8 months)||£20||£13.33||£10|
|Apr (7 months)||£17.50||£11.66||£8.75|
|May (6 Months)||£15||£10||£7.50|
|Jun (5 months)||£12.50||£8.33||£6.25|
|Jul (4 months)||£10||£6.66||£5|
|Aug (3 months)||£7.50||£5||£3.75|
|Sept (2 months)||£0|
|Oct (1 month)||£0|
BACS payments, to:
Account Name - British Octopush Association
Account number - 62034026
Sort Code- 40-22-26
For other payment methods please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org